THE ACCOUNTINGHUB ACADEMY
PRESENTS A 20-CLASSES COURSE : BECOMING THE IDEAL WORKPLACE ACCOUNTANT
Who we are
Accountinghub is Nigeria’s small business accountant. A tech-accounting firm, launched in January 2016, to serve small businesses in Nigeria.
Offering five core services (Bookkeeping, Tax/Payoll, Accounting software, Stocktaking and Accounting process improvements), Accountinghub grew very fast and has since inception served over 500 businesses.
A 2016 Tony Elumelu entrepreneur-business, winner of several awards and Nigeria’s leading adviser to Sage, for the Sage cloud accounting business software, Accountinghub soon became a household name amongst Nigerian small businesses.
What is the Ideal-Workplace-Accountant Course about?
Imagine you resume work today as an accountant in a HR Consulting firm, your role would cover the following:
- Raise and send invoices to clients
- Receive payments and issue Receipts
- Manage the petty cash
- Calculate and file the taxes
- Spend time with the auditors at year end doing the statutory audit
- Prepare a budget for each training and even for the year
- Make postings into an accounting software
- Perform bank reconciliations monthly
- Make payments to facilitators who handled your trainings as well as payment for other expenses
- Prepare payroll for the organization
- Recover debts from owing clients
- Manage the assets or the company by maintaining proper asset listing and depreciation schedules
- Write up simple policies and processes to guide the way that the accounting function works
- Attend tax audits and defend the company when the tax man raises questions and
- finally generate several and multiple kinds of reports for management.
All these are several more, the course teaches.
The Course prepares you to walk into an SME business, grab a seat as the accountant and perform adequately well.
It is the very practical training course that helps you bridge the gap that you could not obtain from work experience.
For non-accountants who are seeking to build a career and skill in the accounting field, the Course is a great way to build your interest and spur you to become a professional accountant by seating and passing the professional examinations.
Imagine the beauty of resuming at the workplace as an accountant, you arrive with great skill, you hit the ground running immediately.
You would be likened to a plug-and-play accountant; the perfect dream of every employer.
Why the Course?
We found the need to teach the kind of accounting required in the workplace for several reasons:
1. Accountants kept reaching out, asking to be trained.
2. SMEs kept reaching out asking to assist with recruitment of accountants; a service we do not currently offer.
3. We found a huge gap in the availability of skilled accountants to meet the needs of the growing numbers of SMEs in Nigeria.
4. The professional accounting bodies are excellent preparatory grounds for an accountant. The Accountant who adds practical skills and technology to his professional certificate, soon becomes highly sought.
Working with loads of SMEs, we have developed an usual skill to simplify seemingly complex things. Little wonder several small businesses come to our social media pages to learn and understand accounting and tax matters, which they would ordinarily find as difficult to understand.
We continually invest a lot of time, in finding easier ways of connecting with small business owners and people who need to learn accounting and taxes.
Other details of the Course are:
– It will hold as physical classes for 20 Saturdays.
– Time for the classes is 8am to 1pm
– Course participants will attend each class with a laptop, or share with peers, as practical sessions will hold in each class.
– Course location is Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos, Nigeria
– Online version of the Course is currently in the works and will be available in 2020
– Certificates will be issued to Course Participants upon completion
– Assessments tests will hold during the Course season
– The Course Outline will be sent via email to interested person who indicate interest by reaching out to us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). The Outline is very detailed, spanning both theory and practical sessions in each class
– The Course fee is 300,000 Naira (Three hundred thousand naira only).
– The Course commences on Saturday, 16th November 2019. There will be no classes on the 22nd and 29th of December, as well as the 5th of January 2020. Classes will resume on the 12th of January 2020.
The Course Outline
*The entire outline is taught using accounting software. It is purely a tech-accounting Course.
- Entry-level accounting basics – a refresher of the basic accounting you learnt in school
- Bookkeeping in the workplace – an introduction
- Building the Chart of accounts
- Setting up the finance dept
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- Expenses and other payments
- Petty cash
- Payroll and statutory requirements
- Bank reconciliation
- Inventory and stock-taking
- Fixed Assets
- Budgets and budget-reporting
- Departmental accounting/Project accounting
- Monthly financial reporting/management reporting
- Monthly taxes
- Annual taxes
- Filing of accounting documents
- Accounting Processes
- Banking relationship Management
- Working with auditors – statutory audits and tax audits
- Treasury functions of the workplace accountant
About the Chief Instructor and Founder of Accountinghub – Chioma Ifeanyi-Eze
- 13 years experience working as an accountant
- A Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
- An Associate of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria
- Worked for over 500 SMEs
- Known as the tech-accountant
- Highly skilled at simplifying the complex
- Ex-PwC and Ex-Finance Manager at Jumia Nigeria
- Led accounting teams severally while in career
- Super-skilled at starting out accounting departments from scratch
- A brilliant entrepreneur who understands and teaches business using the hashtag #chiomasbusinessschool on Facebook
- A public speaker
- Exciting inventions in running her accounting practise: deploys accounting systems in 24 hours, performs stocktaking and offers real-time reporting of results
- Nigeria’s largest reseller and No 1 Adviser for the Sage cloud accounting tool
A Summary about the Course
- Takes you from zero to the ideal workplace accountant
- The entire course is taught using the latest technology tools an accountant should know
- The Sage cloud accounting software is used throughout to teach the Course. There is nothing that is taught using manual methods.
- The Course is extremely practical. It does not teach the theories that you learnt in school. It teaches the practicals that you need to build and navigate a brilliant accounting career
- The course is a great guide for the one who did not study Accounting in school, but seeks to venture into the accounting career and fit into the workplace
- The Course is delivered using such very basic teaching styles that even a person who never sat in an accounting class can understand
Who is this Course for?
- The young accounting graduate who is seeking a job and wants to arrive his new job with good enough knowledge to kick off
- The accountant who has worked several years, but knows nothing about accounting software and several other things he should know of. He knows deep down inside of him that he is struggling on the job, earning far below what be should earn based on years of experience and is very far from being a good accountant
- The one who studied Accounting in school but never had the opportunity to practise or find an accounting job, now trying to find his way back into an accounting career.
- The one who did not study Accounting; and now seeks to build an accounting career
Make payment to Accountinghub Academy, Access Bank, 0805957282.
After payment, send an email to email@example.com stating your full name and mobile number. You will be contacted for next steps.
If you have any further questions, feel free to email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly read through very carefully so you ensure that your question has not been answered in this publication.